Below are answers to frequently asked questions related to the technical requirements for courses to run on this website.
- How do I enable pop-ups?
- How do I get Flash to run on my computer?
- What browsers does this site run on?
- How fast an internet connection do I need?
- What computer hardware do I need?
- Help! I'm still confused. Who can I contact for technical help?
Pop-ups are enabled differently in different browsers. Below are instructions on how to enable pop-ups for four different browsers.
If after following the instructions for your browsers, pop-ups are still disabled, then it could be that a toolbar add-on could be blocking pop-ups. Check the toolbar settings to make sure pop-ups are enabled for https://captonline.edc.org.
- From the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click on Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- Type capt.hhd.org in the box Address of website to allow and click Add.
- Set the Blocking Level or Filter Level to Medium: Block most automatic pop-ups.
- For more information about Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer, click on the link Learn More about Pop-up Blocker at the bottom of the page.
- Click Close.
- From the Tools menu, select Options….
- Select the Content icon for version 3.x and later, or Web Features icon for earlier versions.
- Click on the Exceptions button for Block pop-up windows.
- Enter capt.hhd.org into the Address of web site box.
- Click Add or Allow and capt.hhd.org will be displayed below in the list of websites.
- Click Close to close the Exceptions window.
- Click Cancel to close the Options window.
- Click on the Wrench icon in the upper right of the browser window.
- If running on a PC, select Options. If running on a Mac, select Preferences.
- Click on the Under the Hood tab.
- Click on Content Settings in the Privacy area.
- Click the Manage Exceptions button in the Pop-ups area.
- Enter capt.hhd.org in the Add new exception pattern text box and press the Enter.
- Click on the X in the upper right to close the Exceptions window.
- Click on the X in the upper right to close the Content Settings window.
- From the Safari menu, ensure 'Block pop-up windows' is unchecked. Note: in Safari, pop-ups are either all allowed or none allowed.
To run the enhanced courses you will need Flash Player 6.0.79 or later on your computer (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash) (Flash Player 7 or later recommended).
It is important the you have pop-ups enabled to run the multimedia courseware.
PC users running Windows can use Internet Explorer 8 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, or Opera 9.5 and later.
Macintosh users can use Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, or Google Chrome.
Internet access with minimum 256+ Kbps connection (higher connection speeds are recommended)
Computer requirements are listed below.
- Computer: 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher (32- or 64-bit)
- Memory: 256 MB minimum
- Display: 800 X 600 screen resolution (1,024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- Multimedia: Sound card and headphones or speakers
If you have questions or problems, please email email@example.com.