SAMHSA's Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT) offers certificates of completion for online course participants.
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions related to the receipt of certificates and course accreditation.
Who is eligible to receive a certificate of completion?
- Practitioners taking CAPT self-paced courses must complete the course, and get a passing score on the final assessment (80% correct).
- Practitioners taking CAPT moderated courses must read the course presentations, visit the course's discussion forum daily, and complete course activities.
What can I do with my certificate?
Practitioners can submit this certificate to their individual state credentialing/certification board to receive continuing education credits. SAMHSA’s CAPT does not guarantee that all States, Tribes, and Jurisdictions will allow practitioners to apply CAPT course hours toward certification.
Who has endorsed CAPT online courses?
The CAPT is a NAADAC approved education provider. Our provider number is 556. All CAPT online courses have been approved by NAADAC.
Introduction to Substance Abuse Prevention has been endorsed by the IC&RC. This endorsement provides assurance that the course is applicable to IC&RC's prevention specialist domains and can be used toward the education/training requirement for IC&RC's Prevention Specialist credential.
How will I receive my certificate?
For the self-paced courses, certificates are automatically generated online for participants that have successfully completed the course and passed the final assessment.
For moderated courses, CAPT staff will send a certificate of completion to eligible participants no more than two weeks after the course is over.
How many credit hours do you offer for each course?
- Data Collection Methods: Getting Down to Basics: 10
- Introduction to Substance Abuse Prevention: Understanding the Basics: 5
- Involving Youth in Your Substance Abuse Prevention Program (self-paced and moderated): 5
- Locating, Hiring, and Managing and Evaluator: 5
- What Next? Effective and Useful Data Presentation: 5
Oh no! I forgot to print out my certificate after I completed one of the CAPT self-paced courses. Is it too late?
No — it is never too late! You can print out your certificate at any point after you completed the course and received a passing grade on the final assessment.
I can't remember which courses I've enrolled and completed. Is there a way to track this?
Yes! Once you have logged into the site, when you click on ‘My Courses’, you will see a listing of the courses in which you have been enrolled.
I’m still confused. Who can I contact for help?
If you have questions or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.